Private-Dining.co.uk is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Private-Dining.co.uk may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/07/2014.
This policy has been updated on 23/05/2017 in accordance with new GDPR regulations.
The GDPR requires that personal data collected shall be:
a) processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
b) collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
c) adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary
d) accurate and kept up to date, or erased without delay
e) kept in a form which identifies people for no longer than is necessary
f) processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security
We make every effort to do this and explain how your data may be collected, used, and deleted below:
When you register your email address is collected. You may therefore receive automated and human processed email notifications, advice, support emails or marketing that may be useful to you.
When you use any of the contact, newsletter or sign up forms on this website, your email, name and other contact details may be stored. Depending on the nature of your enquiry you may receive automated and human processed email notifications, advice, support emails or marketing that may be useful to you.
When you use the contact or booking forms to contact venues, your IP, email address and contact form details will be visible to the owner of the listing you have contacted. They may use the data to contact you in accordance with their GDPR and privacy policies.
When making a comment on any webpage on this website your email address, contact details provided, and message will be stored until that comment is deleted. You may receive automated and human processed email notifications, help, advice, or marketing that may be useful to you.
When creating adding a listing or venue to this website the details you provide are stored until that advert is deleted.
We make every effort to ensure any details we collect or store are secure and safeguarded, and you can request the data, or request to delete your data/account at any time.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to classified ads, customer surveys, advert enquiry emails, or offers.
What we do with the Information we Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other Websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We use sharing buttons from social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest who may use your IP in accordance with their own data privacy policies.
Controlling your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Private-Dining.co.uk Website Usage: Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Private-Dining.co.uk
The term ‘Private Dining’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Adverts placed by users of this website are done so under the terms and conditions stated in the Advert Placement pages.
- Advert creation is free of charge with any of our packages or £55 in any other circumstance. £55 is the fee for advert creation and does not include any running time. Running time is specified with each listing package. Should you order a package and not proceed after your listing has been created you will be charged £55.
- We use Direct Debit through GoCardless to make payments easier, faster and more secure. You will be informed 3 days before collection is made. You must inform us at least 30 days before payment if you wish to cancel the arrangement.
- Venues on a commission basis must reply to booking enquiries promptly. Failure to respond within 72 hours may result in an additional no-response fee.
- People found to be inappropiately messaging or misusing this website will be banned from Private Dining, blacklisted, and banned on a growing number of other online resources/websites.
- You agree to us collecting and databasing email correspondence through the contact forms on this site and sharing this information if subpoenaed by law to do so.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- Images loaded onto this website may be used for illustrative or advertising purposes.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.